Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Going Meta

Dozing this morning, I dreamt about being a barista. Earlier tonight, I did a read-through for a webseries about baristas. Then just now, I came home to work on a blog post about being a barista.

It's not who I am beneath the apron, but what I do that defines me.

Here we have the Indian elephant in its natural habitat. That is, scrutinizing nalgene bottles and begrudgingly toting around sets of tourists.

"But Jim," you ask, "aren't you jealous?"
"Why would I be?" I respond. "After all, I was riding elephants all the way back in 2004. Sure, that elephant consisted mainly of stone, and the Japanese people all stared at me, and after I climbed up I had trouble getting down. But if we're talking chronological order in terms of riding elephants, I. WIN.

oh god I want to ride a real elephant.

That "days until elephants" counter grew so schizophrenic over the last few postcards that I'd stopped paying attention to the number.

But now the number's 0! And I'm gonna sit here and not be jealous. I'm gonna not be jealous of you so hard.

fffffffuuuuuuuuuu so jealous

No comments:

Post a Comment